How to Perform Office 365 Export Mailbox to PST File? Step By StepGuide
Why do you want Office 365 export mailbox to PST file explanation?
An email service is used based on its productivity suite wherein Microsoft 365 is the best and the most popular service known.
Microsoft is one of the services that offer a simple interface to the user which can easily be understood and better functionalities.
A lot of users are switching to Office 365 due to the better services that it provides and the collaboration & productivity suite that it is.
But, everything is flawed!
This is why a huge vertical prefers to export Office 365 mailbox to PST. This is mainly to keep the data safe and at an offline storage so that it can be accessed even without internet.
Also, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee data safety in all the cases. For any external threat to the data, you need to make sure it is kept safe.
It works with a Shared Responsibility model wherein both Microsoft and the users are supposed to keep the data safe.
So, you need to take certain measures for the same. How? Let’s find out!
Office 365 Export Mailbox to PST File Methods Discussed
When searched, there are a lot of results, solutions, and suggestions to perform this task. Different requirements have different solutions which confuse a lot of users.
This is why we are here to sort things out and help you with a simple technique which can easily be performed and no technical knowledge is required.
There is also a manual solution that is quite easy to learn but has a few drawbacks.
First, take a look at the simple technique and see how it benefits you.
Which Simple Method Can Help Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST?
You need to download the Widely UsedMicrosoft Office 365 Export Toolfor this operation to be a success. Since we are exporting an entire mailbox, there is going to be a lot of content in there which you might want to keep safe.
This software is built with advanced mechanisms that allow a quick and bulk transfer of files with no sign of data-loss situations.
In case you want selective data to be transferred, just apply the Date-filter and set the dates for a specific time-zone. The tool will do the trick perform Office 365 export mailbox to PST file for selective files.
There is no need to worry about the order of the data or the integrity being altered, the tool keeps the structure the same.
Take a quick glance at the steps for a successful transfer.
Steps for Exporting Data from the Mailbox Without Any Loss
- Download the software and enter the details for your Office 365 account to login. Press the Sign in button.
- Click on the Microsoft Outlook (PST)radio button and then choose the Split Outlook Data File option to divide the large files into smaller parts.
- To export Office 365 mailbox to PST, choose the Categories and set the Date-Filters for each as per requirement.
- Once all that is done, click on the Browse button to navigate to the destination path for the output files.
- After that, press the Start button to begin the export.
The data will be transferred in a few minutes and you will be able to access it in Outlook whenever the need arises.
There is also an option to download the export report by clicking on the Save Report option. It consists of all the details of the transfer.
Office 365 Export Mailbox to PST File – Explore the Manual Solution
To get started, perform the steps to configure the Office 365 account with your Outlook application. Once the configuration is done, wait for the data to get synced.
It might take a lot of time depending upon the size which is one of the drawbacks of this solution.
When the sync is completed, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook and go to the File tab.
- From the menu, select Open & Export and hit Import/Export option.
- Select the Export to a file option and press Next to export Office 365 mailbox to PST.
- Choose the Outlook data file (.pst) option and click on the Next button.
- After that, browse the destination for these files and then click on the Finish button.
Seems easy enough? Well, there are certain demerits as listed below:
- This method doesn’t allow you to export your data in bulk from various mailboxes simultaneously.
- High risk of data-loss or corruption situations.
- No guarantee of the hierarchy being the same.
- Errors can occur due to large size of the data.
Towards the Last Point
The Office 365 export mailbox to PST file operation is a difficult procedure since a lot of crucial data is at stake. One simple error and all of your data could either be gone or damaged to an extent where it is impossible to recover.
To avoid this type of damage, only expert solutions are to be trusted. Hence, the software is the best choice that you have at getting your files exported.