Today we want to show you how a room in a house can be decorated with pillows in a simple way. Usually the use of pillows is always associated with being a typical complement to sofas, but we will show you ideas for getting more of these products in home decor.
1. Advantages of using pillows in decoration
Many times when we want to update our home picture, we forget the elements that allow special touches to the new environment created. The same applies to decorative pillows. We can replace furniture, paint walls with other colors, place heavy furniture in different places, and we still don’t see a significant difference in the house. Well, just by knowing how to decorate with pillows we can achieve different changes without the need for other excessive modifications. Using a pillow in home decor also gives us flexibility, because it can be exchanged easily. We can use the same pillow on the couch, on the bed, on the furniture that we have in the hall or anywhere, because it’s easy to move. But whatever type you choose, you have to deal with a quality pillow provider. Our recommendation is to buy pillow products provided by Samah pillows. Each pillow provided by Samah pillow has artistic value and the history behind it.
2. Decorate with pillows
Traditionally the typical place where we put pillows is on the couch or chair, but now we will see other places where we can decorate with cushions and get amazing results.
For the sofa
Combining pillows of different sizes, we are able to deliver completely new air to one of the rooms most often used in any home.
Another fairly common place where we can use decorative pillows is on the bed, especially on a sleeping pillow. Here we don’t need to be afraid to use several pillows that combine design and color, because we can get a pleasant environment. In addition we can also take the opportunity to replace pillowcases and stand out with other elements.
3. Types of decorative pillows
After analyzing the advantages of using decorative pillows and places where we can get more from them. Now let’s look at the different types that we can find:
The most common model that we can find in this type of decorative pillow is square or rectangular. We can find that each manufacturer sets a different size but in general the size is usually:
– Square-shaped pillows: 50 × 50 cm, but they are also easily found with dimensions of 40 × 40 or 60 × 60 cm.
– Rectangular pillows: the typical size is 30 × 60 cm.
A very interesting alternative is to use a reversible pillowcase, which has an image on one side and on the back contains a different pattern. In this way we can complete the themes indicated by the pillow using several of them.
We have commented that decorative pillows are usually square or rectangular, but we can also find them in various shapes. Stars and hearts are usually the most widely used figures, but we can also find strange silhouettes such as letters or numbers.
4. Tips when decorating with decorative pillows
Finally, we want to give you a few suggestions that you should pay attention to when choosing a suitable decorative pillow:
– Select the appropriate size based on where you will place it. It’s not the same to place a pillow 60 × 60 cm on a shelf than a smaller one.
– It is important that the touch with the pillow is soft. Although we talk about it as a decorative function, on many occasions we can use it to rest our heads or feet. If our skin will come into contact with these clothes, it is best to be soft, and for this 100% cotton fabric is the best choice.
– Now with digital printing you can find any design model. It is always comfortable to use pillows that have a harmonious color with the entire space in which they will be.
Now, all you have to do is put into practice all the ideas that come to mind.